Slip and Fall Accidents
Slip, trip and fall accidents are very common and can result in serious injury. In fact, the National Floor Safety Institute reports that these types of accidents cause 2.2 million Americans to seek emergency care annually.
The primary cause of these accidents is negligent management of both private and commercial property. Those responsible for places such as apartment buildings, schools, hotels, shopping malls, supermarkets, government buildings, steps, sidewalks and parking lots have an obligation to make sure their spaces are well maintained and safe for the public. The law requires proper maintenance, warning of hazards and professional repairs on both private and public property. Property owners, property managers and commercial business owners should be held responsible and are financially liable if they fail to comply with safety standards.
Some examples of negligence of the responsible party are:
- Failing to provide adequate warnings about a slippery floor during polishing, cleaning or waxing. Signs should be posted warning people about hazardous conditions and the dangerous area should be closed off.
- Cleaning the floor at an inappropriate or busy time.
- Cleaning the floor irresponsibly by using too much soap or water or leaving it wet for a long period of time
- Failing to clean up spilled liquids or food; or not posting proper warnings about spills given a reasonable amount of time after learning about such an occurrence
- Failing to keep flooring and carpeting in a reasonably safe condition
- Failing maintain stairwells
- Failure to provide adequate lighting
- Failure to repair large cracks in the sidewalk, damaged steps, uneven surfaces and holes.
- Failure to maintain equipment, such as automatic doors, elevators or escalators.
Since many slip and fall accidents are considered "frivolous" or "ungrounded", having an experienced attorney assisting the investigation and presentation of your injury claims is essential. The premises liability experts at Anna Dubrovsky Law Group will skillfully represent clients who have been injured due to a slip, trip or fall situation and seek to fight for maximum compensation for your injuries. We gather incident, accident and police reports, as well as medical records. Our attorneys will also conduct interviews with witnesses and medical professionals such as emergency responders, nurses, doctors, and therapists. We will present a thoroughly researched and persuasive case, pooling on our vast resources and experience
please contact us at (415) 746-1477
We look forward to aggressively pursuing your case.